If the owner of a work changes, the Startrail Registry Record (SRR) attached to the work must also be transferred.
Once this transfer procedure is completed, the ownership of the work will be recorded in the blockchain and displayed in the SRR in the provenance information of the work. Please be sure to follow the transfer procedure, otherwise, the history will not be updated and will be out of sync with the actual ownership of the work.
If an NFC tag is attached to the work, be sure to transfer and sell the work together with its NFC tag.
If you decided to transfer your work to a new owner, please follow the three steps below.
- Inform the new owner that the work comes with its attached SRR.
- Be sure to obtain the new owner's agreement on the Contract Terms of the work (only applies if there are set Contract Terms).
- An email address or Ethereum address must be provided when transferring SRRs.
In addition, please introduce this page to the next owner as a guide on how to use Startrail PORT.
- From the "Owned SRRs" dashboard, transfer SRRs in one of the following ways.
- If you want to transfer one work at a time, click the "Transfer" button displayed on each work.
If you wish to transfer multiple SRRs at once, check the checkboxes next to the icons of the works you wish to transfer, and then click the "Transfer SRRs" button.
- You will see the following screen. Please fill in the required fields. After entering ① to ⑥, click "Next".
① Please select the type of transfer.
- Primary sales (Mainly sold by the author, gallery, or exhibition organizer.)
- Secondary sales (In case selling works at auction houses.)
Other transfers (Gift to a friend, etc.)
② Please write the reason for the transfer if necessary. Here are some examples that you can refer to. Please refer to the example according to your transfer type.
e.g. Sold at a group exhibition at XYZ Gallery in Tokyo (2022/1/20-2022/1/30).
e.g. Sold at ZZ Sales on Y Auction (Vol. X).
e.g. Send to my friend as a gift.
③ Select the type of address to transfer. You can choose either an email address or an Ethereum address.
④ Please enter the destination email address or Ethereum address.
※ Please make sure to enter the correct address.
⑤ Select whether to notify the recipient's email address about the invitation to receive the SRR. (Only in the case you selected the email address in ②.)
⚠︎ Do not uncheck the box if the recipient has agreed to receive the SRR via his/her e-mail address.
If you uncheck the box, the email address will be encrypted, and emails from Startrail PORT will not be sent to the new owner. For more information About "Encrypt Email Address" please see here.
⑥ If the work Contract Terms and/or royalty rates have been set, please be sure to obtain the consent and approval of the work’s Contract Terms from the next owner. Please be sure to obtain consent prior to the transfer.
- Check the information you entered again to make sure it is correct, and click "Confirm Transfer”.
- Finally, you will be asked to agree to record transfer information on the blockchain. Click "Confirm".
- When you see this page, it means the SRR transfer is now in progress.
- Once the transfer is complete, the transfer history including the type of transfer, and the reason for the transfer will be displayed in the SRR Viewer.
*Please see below for information on how the next owner will receive the SRR.
How to Receive an SRR